Just 30 miles to the Southwest down a winding road from The Springs at Borrego lies the historic hamlet of Julian, known for apples, apple pies, wineries, and a charming cool vibe.
It’s a great respite on a hot day – the temperature on average is 20ᵒ cooler than the Anza-Borrego Desert. Take a little day trip and enjoy all Julian has to offer!
Taste Wines In Julian or Take Them Home With You
- Join the Volcan Mountain Winery wine club and have their award-winning wines delivered directly to you or pick them up when you visit Julian. Apple wines too!
- Blue Door Winery offers an attractive patio with wines-by-the-glass, bottled wines, and Ice Cold Sangria. Knowledgeable staff.
- Dog–friendly Menghini Winery is a tiny 6-acre vineyard with a tasting room in an antique barn. Enjoy their chardonnay from the patio overlooking the vineyard in the Cuyamaca foothills.
Dine In Or Dine Out
- Try the excellent Chicken Cordon Bleu, Fish & Chips or a Bison Burger at Jeremy’s on the Hill. The service is friendly and efficient in their beautiful outdoor covered patio, or choose the spaced out tables indoors.
- Visit Julian’s only café and full-service flower shop in one. Soups and Such Café serves breakfast and lunch, fresh French press coffee and house-made desserts. Wheelchair accessible. Table service or takeout. Yummy food at a great lunch spot!
- Romano’s Italian Restaurant features generous portions of delicious Italian specialties and pizza, plus beer and wine. Have dinner indoors or on nice porch tables. It’s a ‘friendly, family-run delight’ says TripAdvisor.
Julian is a historic gold mining town that is also famous for its apples and superb apple pie. In fact, every restaurant and bakery serves apple pie or apple desserts.
Reserve your stay at a truly unique RV park
The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course. Top-notch amenities, more than 300 days of sunshine every year, and California’s only internationally-recognized ‘Dark Sky’ for perfect stargazing. Book Now!